Halifax International Airport Authority (HIAA) is pleased to share that the Park’N Fly lot at Halifax Stanfield will be reopening on Wednesday, March 9, 2022. This much-awaited announcement is an exciting and positive step towards the recovery of air travel to and from the region.
The Park’N Fly lot has been closed since April 3, 2020, when COVID-19 abruptly halted air travel. The continual impacts of the pandemic on passenger volumes and HIAA’s financial position over the past two years resulted in the lot remaining closed until it was feasible to resume operations.
HIAA is looking forward to having the Park’N Fly lot open in time for March Break, giving travellers more choice with three secure and convenient airport parking options: the parkade, the exterior lot, and Park’N Fly. For more information on parking and rates, visit our website.
As the Park’N Fly service is reintroduced, it is important that travellers give themselves extra time to park their vehicle and take the Park’N Fly shuttle to the terminal building.
With March Break around the corner, here are five additional travel tips:
- There may be increased airport activity during March Break. We recommend arriving at least 1.5-2 hours before your flight to allow plenty of time to park, check-in, and go through security screening.
- While you are visiting the airport, be sure to stop by one of our restaurants or shops, or visit the Observation Deck, which has reopened to the public.
- All air travellers 12 years and older departing from Canadian airports must be fully vaccinated. Upon return to Canada, children under 12 years old, travelling with fully vaccinated adults are no longer required to wait 14 days before attending school, camp, or daycare, and won’t be required to quarantine while awaiting their test result.
- Other travel requirements and protocols will vary based on your destination. For example, a COVID-19 test may be required before you travel. Remember to have your proof of vaccination, COVID-19 test results, or any other documents ready before coming to the airport.
- If you will be travelling internationally, download the ArriveCan app before your trip and ensure all the required forms and documents are completed in the app.