Here’s What You Need To Know
Everyone has a role to play to protect themselves and those around them by practicing good personal hygiene, physical distancing and adjusting social norms to reduce contact with others.
If you’re flying in/out of Halifax Stanfield, please abide by physical distancing recommendations to maintain a 2 metre (6 feet) distance between yourself and others in all areas of the terminal building.
If you arrive at Halifax Stanfield after travelling outside Nova Scotia, you are required to self-isolate and therefore, are not permitted to take public transit upon your return. This includes the MetroX #320 bus route that stops at Halifax Stanfield.
If you’re picking up a passenger who is arriving at the airport after being outside Nova Scotia:
- We recommend waiting in your vehicle, rather than coming inside the terminal building, in support of physical distancing and restrictions on group gatherings of more than five people.
- If you must assist a passenger upon arrival, please send only one person into the terminal building to help, per the provincial government recommendations to limit person-to-person contact and in support of physical distancing measures.
- If you’re picking up a passenger at the designated curbside area on the lower level, please do not leave your vehicle unattended.
The following precautions are recommended by PHAC to help prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- Practice physical distancing by keeping a distance of 2 metres (6 feet) from others, limiting social interactions and avoiding non-essential gatherings.
- Wash your hands often with soap under warm running water for at least 20 seconds.
- Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer only if soap and water are not available.
- When coughing or sneezing, cover your mouth and nose with your arm to reduce the spread of germs.
- Avoid touching your eyes, mouth, nose with unwashed hands.
- Avoid direct personal contact with others.
- If you use a tissue, dispose of it as soon as possible and wash your hands afterwards.