The Halifax Stanfield International Airport (HSIA) is the home base of a very special volunteer group, the Tartan Team.
These warm, helpful, folks provide world renowned airport customer service. No matter what airline you’re flying with, where you’re going or where you’re coming from, they just want to help you on your journey.
Do you have a strong sense of community and hospitality?
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of people traveling to and through Nova Scotia?
If you do, the HSIA Tartan Team volunteer program will be a great fit!
It’s amazing what a smile and a moment of your time can mean to a busy traveler. You can help make a great first impression of this wonderful province we call home.
By joining the Tartan Team you’ll have the opportunity to help visitors and leave them with a positive impression of Atlantic Canada, a region recognized for its hospitality. Are you ready to join this smiling enthusiastic team?
Tartan Team Job Description
As a Tartan Team volunteer you’ll be a bright spot in someone’s day. Your mission is to make our guests’ experience a great one! As a Tartan Team Member you are expected to:
- Volunteer a minimum of four (4) hours each week and at least 125 hours per year
- Participate in training programs and meetings related to the program
- Follow the security regulations and policies of the Halifax International Airport Authority
- Be reliable and prompt
- Always be friendly, courteous and display a professional attitude and appearance
- Be proactive in approaching visitors
- Be sincere while offering to help our visitors and take the commitment seriously
- Meet and greet passengers near the gates and stand in key locations so people may approach you for directions or assistance
- Learn the services and policies offered by air carriers and terminal operators in relation to travelers with disabilities, including communication of information issues
- Provide the active offer of “Hello/Bonjour” in compliance with the Official Languages Act and Regulations
- Bilingual volunteers are asked to interpret and translate for travelers with language difficulties
- Address comments by notifying the Customer Relations Department, or by providing the visitor with a comment card
- Provide service The Stanfield Way
Training and Orientation
Your training will begin with a broad over-view of how the airport operates. You’ll learn about site, policies, airport planning, emergency evacuation and receive training on how to communicate with persons with special needs.
To finish you’ll complete The Stanfield Way session.
The Stanfield Way
The Stanfield Way is an airport community culture program, designed to teach our airport members the importance of being helpful and caring to our passengers, visitors and one another.
It helps everyone at Halifax Stanfield International Airport create the best airport community in the world.
- Commit to one, four hour shift every week and a minimum of 125 hours each year
- A criminal records check and security clearance for a restricted area identification card (RAIC)
- Fluent in English (Fluency in French is a huge asset)
- Wear a clean and presentable uniform for every shift
- Provide two weeks notice, if possible, of vacation time or resignation
- Team player with strong communication skills
- A great attitude with a desire to help
- Be committed and sincere when offering help
- Smile and treat visitors how you like to be treated
If you’d like to become a member of our Tartan Team please click here to fill out the application form.
If you meet the hiring criteria you will be invited for an interview. Thank you for your interest.
Please note: If you apply and do not get a response within 30 days, please contact us at email@example.com.