Travelling to the United States?

If you are travelling to or through the United States, please be aware of enhanced security procedures required by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.

Canadian citizens must present a passport when entering or departing the U.S. by air.

Residents of all other countries require a passport, as well as a travel visa. However, some countries (including most Eastern European countries), participate in a program to waive the need for a visa for stays of 90 days or less.

Instead of a visa, you can complete an Electronic System Travel Authorization (ESTA) form. Upon completion of the ESTA form you are required to provide a credit card number for the payment of the $14 USD administrative fee (payment by cash is not accepted). This form should be completed before travelling.

Click here for more information and to check out the ESTA web site

Click here to visit the U.S. Customs and Border Protection web site

Duty Free

Passengers transferring from flights originating from European Union countries are now permitted to carry their duty-free purchases on board the aircraft in STEBs (Security Tamper-Evident Bags).

STEBs are clear plastic bags specifically designed to hold duty-free liquids, aerosols and gels purchased by passengers at duty-free retailers located after the security screening checkpoint in airports in European Union nations. Once sealed, the bag cannot be opened and resealed. If the bag has been tampered with in any way, it will no longer be considered secure.

For more information about Duty Free purchases click here to visit the Canadian Air Transport Security Authority web site.