Uplifted is our revitalized community outreach and sponsorship program. Uplifted is designed to foster positive change, make a lasting impact in our local communities, and expand employee giving and volunteer opportunities. The program has three distinct funding and support streams: the Uplifted Fund, Community Partnerships, and Employee Giving.
We understand that local organizations often face significant challenges in securing resources and support. To address this, Uplifted provides a dedicated funding stream for external organizations to connect with us and request assistance for their community projects. Whether it’s financial donations, in-kind support, or skilled volunteers, Uplifted connects Halifax Stanfield and these external organizations to foster collaboration and collective impact.
Uplifted is funded and managed by Halifax International Airport Authority (HIAA). Support will be given to organizations that align with our strategic priorities and have a significant social impact on our communities. We are proud to support community organizations or events that are working towards:
- Championing People and Community: Initiatives that support diversity, equity, inclusion, community, and cultural vibrancy.
- Reinforcing our Foundation: Initiatives that support workplace safety and wellness.
- Charting New Territory: Initiatives that support aviation industry technology and innovation, and tourism and trade growth.
- Leading A Sustainable Future: Initiatives that support environmental or social sustainability (green energy projects, food security, etc.).
- Advancing the Stanfield Experience: Initiatives that involve in-kind support and other projects that matter to Halifax Stanfield employees and our airport community.
We will accept requests for donations, community sponsorships, in-kind gifts, and volunteer opportunities three times annually during two-week intake periods. The upcoming intake periods open on the following dates:
- January 15, 2024, at 8:00 a.m. until January 29, 2024, at 11:59 p.m. (AST)
- April 15, 2024, at 8:00 a.m. until April 29, 2024, at 11:59 p.m. (ADT)
- September 15, 2024, at 8:00 a.m. until September 29, 2024, at 11:59 p.m. (ADT)
After completing the online application, you can expect to receive a response within two weeks after the application deadline. Please note that it may take two to three months to finalize approved applications and issue funding payments, so please submit applications well in advance.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the Uplifted program?
Uplifted is HIAA’s revitalized community outreach and sponsorship program. Funds are available to support organizations in achieving their goals and providing services to our communities.
2. Who can apply for funding through Uplifted?
Any organization registered as a charity, not-for-profit, or unregistered community group in Nova Scotia can apply. If your organization is located elsewhere in Atlantic Canada, please email email@example.com. The Uplifted program does not support initiatives outside Atlantic Canada. Municipalities, for-profit entities, public institutions, political groups, religious groups, and individuals are not eligible for funding.
3. What types of initiatives, projects or events are eligible for funding support through Uplifted?
Support will be given to organizations that align with our strategic priorities and initiatives that support our goal of having a significant social impact on our communities.
4. How do I submit a request for support?
Requests for support can be submitted through our online form during the annual intake periods (January, April, and September).
5. Can I submit more than one request?
To support as many organizations as possible, we ask that each organization submit only one application per year. Additional funding requests may be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about funding availability for additional requests in the same calendar year.
6. How much money will Halifax Stanfield provide per request?
When you complete your online application, please provide details about the amount of investment you are seeking and how the investment from HIAA will impact the community. HIAA will review each funding request on a case-by-case basis.
7. When should I submit my application?
You may submit a request during our three intake periods in January, April, and September. It may take two to three months to approve applications and issue funding payments, so please submit applications well in advance.
8. Can I request in-kind support or volunteering support through Uplifted?
Halifax Stanfield is delighted to provide in-kind support and volunteer assistance through Uplifted. In-kind support may involve promoting your organization on the social media channels of Halifax Stanfield, as well as on the digital screens located within the terminal building. Volunteer assistance may involve airport employees volunteering their time with your organization or other similar opportunities. We strongly encourage organizations to provide thorough details in their application request so that Halifax Stanfield can determine the best type of support to offer.
9. When will I receive a response about my application?
After completing the online application, you can expect to receive a response within two weeks after the application deadline.
10. What if I want to submit a request outside the intake periods?
We strongly encourage organizations to submit requests during our three intake periods in January, April, and September. It may take two to three months to approve applications and issue funding payments, so we ask you to submit your application well in advance. You may contact Halifax Stanfield outside the intake periods; however, we cannot guarantee that your request will be considered.