In 2020, Halifax Stanfield became the first facility in Nova Scotia to achieve the Gold Accessibility Rating from the Rick Hansen Foundation.
There are many accessible transportation options available to and from Halifax Stanfield. We recommend travellers reserve their accessible transportation in advance, before arriving at the airport, when possible.
To ensure every passenger can easily access the terminal facilities, Halifax Stanfield has designated accessible pick-up and drop-off areas at the curb.Outdoor Map 1
Departing passengers can use one of the four Mobility Assistance Phones to request assistance. Mobility Assistance Phones locations are identified on the map above.
Arriving passengers with curbside accessibility requirements can request assistance by using the Mobility Assistance Phones next to the Ground Transportation Booth, in the public area of arrivals.
At Halifax Stanfield, we’re committed to providing an airport that’s accessible for all.
All washrooms at Halifax Stanfield are accessible. You will find them in the following areas:
- Domestic/International Check-In
- U.S. Check-In
- Food Court/Centre Court
- Domestic Arrivals
- International Arrivals
- Departures Level – Gate 12
- Departures Level – Gate 16
- Departures Level – Gate 20
- Departures Level – Gate 23
At each washroom location, there is a private, universal washroom, equipped with accessible features such as emergency call systems.
Pet Relief Area
We have two designated pet relief areas for individuals travelling with a service animal:
- Pre-security: Located outside the front of the terminal building. To access the area, go to the lower level of the terminal building and take the Centre Tunnel, by the Security Office. The area is located across Bell Blvd. between the parkade and Alt Hotel (see map below for specific location).
- Departures: Located by Gate 15
- U.S. Holdroom
All wayfinding signage inside the airport is positioned to avoid glare or shadows, has contrasting colours and meets width and height guidelines. All signage features easy to read, sans serif font. All elevators and escalators have tactile markers. Contrasting colours and grading is used between the walkways and waiting areas on the second level departures area.
Other Accessible Features
- Automated doors at all entrances and throughout the terminal.
- Universal washrooms with accessible features such as emergency call systems.
- Automated External Defibrillators (AEDs) and emergency phones throughout the terminal building.
- Visual fire alarms (low-frequency strobe) located throughout the terminal, including in washrooms.
- Versatile seating areas offering numerous options.
- Parkade facility with colour-coordinated parking and easy-to-use parking machine payments.
- Ample accessible parking in all parking lots, including the parkade.
- Covered, well-lit pedway connecting the parkade and terminal building.
- Pet relief areas for assistance animals.
- Clearly marked signage and wayfinding.
- Lowered check-in counters at ground transportation agencies.
- ATMs are equipped with tactile markers.
Accessible Travel Planning
We strive to offer a positive experience to all travellers who visit our airport. With our partners, we have developed programs and initiatives to help and support customers preparing for air travel.
When booking your trip, be sure to advise your airline of any specific assistance or equipment you might need. A complete list of airlines serving Halifax Stanfield can be found by clicking here.