Halifax Stanfield International Airport lost and found office is located in the Security Office, Centre Tunnel, Room B1063C of the terminal building. The lost and found service operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
If you need information on lost baggage, check our luggage claim information.
If you are looking to find a lost item left on an aircraft, please contact the airline directly.
If you have lost something at Halifax Stanfield International Airport and want to find out if it has been turned in, please contact:
The lost and found service makes every attempt to return found items, however, items will only be held for a maximum of 60 days. After the holding period, items are disposed of as follows:
- Items deemed as “Hazardous Materials” are disposed of immediately according to applicable regulations
- Clothing items are donated to charity
- Cash and coins are donated to the Airport Worship Centre
- Credit, debit and calling cards are destroyed
- Keys (without a War Amps tag or other means of identification) are cut in half and destroyed
- Eyeglasses are donated to the CNIB
- Passports are returned to Passport Canada the first working day after they are turned into the security office
- Driver’s licenses are mailed to the individual and every effort is made to contact the owner of other identification documents
- Other items are donated to charity